Technical Field Service Solutions from ICMI.
In addition to designing and manufacturing reliable microprocessor-based control for use on electric utility distribution systems for almost 40 years, ICMI also provides a range of technical field services. These services range from engineered, turnkey projects to retrofit installation work to product specific training services. ICMI services have been customized to meet specific needs from major investor owned utilities, rural electric cooperatives, and small and large municipal systems. Examples of ICMI’s capabilities include:
- Provide an engineered solution including the retrofit and startup services for a substation feeding a cement plant where the load could be easily shifted between two paralleled transformers with LTCs and a spare LTC transformer when needed (Southeastern Distribution Cooperative).
- Provide material and technical installation support to retrofit microprocessor-based load tap changer (LTC) controls on 11 power transformers – some being over 50 years old - located in 6 different substations (Midwestern Utility). Two of these substations contained three paralleled 3 phase power transformers – and with one substation fed from two separate sources which required an engineered solution. Now fully functioning and ready for remote communications via DNP3.0.
- Provide material, technical support, and direct labor to replace and configure approximately 30 existing voltage regulator controls plus verify the operation and settings of another 10 controls (Southeastern Utility). The utility did not have enough trained personnel to do this work.
- Provide material and installation support to correct an unbalanced voltage situation at a coal mine in Indiana by replacing existing regulator controls with ICMI controls and configuring them in a “Master-Slave” arrangement (Midwestern G&T).
- Provide controls and installation support to parallel 6 single phase voltage regulators feeding a 15kv bus for an industrial park (Southern Municipality). Used for five years until funding was available to remove the 6 voltage regulators and install a large three phase power transformer with LTC.
- Provide replacement controls and configuration support for the conversion of landfill gas-to- electricity generating site (Southern G&T).
The professional and technical staff at ICMI has a broad range of experience designing, manufacturing, and applying electrical controls for transformers with tap changers. They understand the needs of today’s utilities and know how to develop and implement cost effective solutions to solve customer problems.
For more information, contact ICMI and learn how we can help you: 513-752-4731.